About PRWeb's Products
PRWeb is a leading online news and press release distribution service, owned by Vocus, Inc.
The goal of PRWeb is to help businesses get the business they deserve -- and the publicity -- by providing users everything they need to create, distribute and track online news releases.
There are millions of reasons why PRWeb is more effective than most online marketing tools. But here's an abridged version.
Unlike email marketing that requires you to send to people you know (customers) or have opted-in to your list, and unlike advertising that gets you awareness but costs a ton of money but is difficult to target or measure, PRWeb helps you quickly and affordably get
- Prospects to your door
- We send your news release all over the web so you can be found by journalists and prospects searching for your business. Check out these amazing case studies.
Some things you should know:
- News releases get higher rankings in search engines, because they are considered more relevant, timely, and informative than promotional or web copy, so people will find you faster.
- People searching are already interested in what you are selling.
- Journalists and bloggers are looking for businesses to cover.
- The more news you send, the more reach you will achieve.
Visit our pricing page to learn about the features and packages available for distributing your news releases through PRWeb.
Traditional wire services focus on getting text-based press releases to financial and mainstream media outlets. PRWeb leverages online channels including search engines and social media to connect customers with the end consumer through vivid multimedia news releases.
If you have questions regarding information presented in a press release, please contact the company that issued the press release, not PRWeb. PRWeb will not be able to assist you with your inquiry and disclaims all content contained in the press releases on the PRWeb site.
Creating Online News Releases
All news releases must be submitted in a standard news release format.
The three most typical types of news releases you'll find on PRWeb are ones with:
- Strong news announcements about new products, books or services, an award or honor, new hires, upcoming or past events, mergers and acquisitions, business promotions, contests, and other changes.
- Soft or "feature" news that connects an organization, service or product with a trend in their industry or in society or that provides an alternative perspective to a bigger news story. This could include news about a "local" connection to a national or international event or issue. It also can be news that shines a "human interest" spotlight on a person, product or organization.
- Newsworthy and timely information about the release of a tip sheet, Web site or whitepaper that presents a person or organization as an expert in a specific field.
PRWeb does not accept the following:
- Releases that we perceive to be inflammatory, potentially libelous or intended to cause harm to a third party
- Releases that are written in the format of an advertisement, blog post, opinion column or spam
- Releases that are deemed not newsworthy
- Releases that contain, promote or link to sexually explicit content or profanity
- Releases that contain accusations of criminal conduct without attribution to a court case number
- Releases from anonymous or fictitious sources
- Releases that directly address consumers and the public with a "Buy Now!" type of appeal
- Releases with excessive amounts of links or lists may also be rejected by the editorial staff
The optimum length for an online release is 300 to 800 words. Keep in mind that the length of your release can directly affect your distribution. News or press releases shorter than 300 words often are missing important elements and may not be recognized by the search engines as a news release. Search engines also may flag long releases as something other than a release and not index them as news.
The easiest way to select your anchor text is by highlighting the keyword(s) you would like linked within the body content and then clicking on the link icon. The system will ask you to provide the link's URL and some type of title ("My Website" for instance). Which words you choose to use for your links (anchor text) are important for SEO purposes.
Your PRWeb account contains a File Library that makes it easy for you to upload images and file attachments. Please note that each attachment must be less than 2MB.
The Media Visibility release package lets you embed a video in the release. Use the embed code from your publicly-hosted video (on a service like YouTube, Yahoo Video or Vimeo). When you are creating your release, just click on the space reserved for your video and follow the instructions to add your embed code.
PRWeb requires a valid contact name, e-mail address and phone number before we can distribute your news releases. The information you specify will be provided in the Contact Information bar to the right of the news release and will be available to the public and the media. The e-mail address will be hidden behind a secure "email us here" link to prevent spam.
When you've saved your news release, you will see your release listed in ‘My Releases.’ To edit your release simply select ‘edit.’
Each release has a unique number assigned to it when you enter it into the system. The seven-digit number for each of your news releases is listed in your News Management Console with the headline, distribution date and other data. In addition, your receipt, order confirmation and editorial approval e-mail contain this information. You may need to reference this number when you are talking with an editor
When a release submitted to PRWeb does not meet PRWeb's editorial standards, an editor places it on editorial hold status to allow you time to make revisions. You will be notified by e-mail of this status change and the required revisions needed. You are welcome to contact an editor if you need additional assistance.
Distributing Online News Releases
To enter a news release for distribution, log into your account and select "Purchase Release," from your News Management Console. You will be taken to a page that explains the different distribution package options.
Choose a distribution package and select any additional news release options you may want. Then complete the payment process.
You now can upload your news release by copying and pasting your text into the template and providing all the necessary information including contact, image, video link and more. Once you have created your release, hit "Continue" to send the release to our editors to review.
If you are not ready to submit your release, but wish to save it, click the "Save" button. Your release will be available in your account so that you can return and complete later.
Although PRWeb can guarantee that we stay abreast of and implement best practices to assure that your news release is available to the news search engines, we cannot guarantee its rank as related to search terms or page placement. Additionally, no newswire service can guarantee that the media will use your news release. Think of PRWeb as your delivery service. That said, PRWeb is a delivery service with an outstanding reputation for marketing your news releases and providing the media with quality content in accessible formats. One way to get great results. Make sure your news release is compelling, timely, interesting and relevant.
Never wrote a release before? Visit our learning center for step-by-step instructions on how to write great press releases.
Still concerned? No worries. We can write your release for you.
PRWeb's distribution is global. You may select Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) to categorize your news, but selecting an MSA does not target your distribution to that region. It simply categorizes your news with other news from that geographical area, making it easier for journalists and consumers from those target areas to find your release.
Your release remains online at PRWeb.com forever.
There are many ways to increase your online visibility statistics. Along with the quality and newsworthiness of your news release content, factors that may affect your statistics and online popularity include:
- the type, relevancy and number of industry categories selected
- which press release package you choose
- the day of the week your release was distributed
- whether you included attachments such as videos or logos
- the placement of links and keywords
- the "buzz" factor of your release
Of course, the more features you use (like adding video), the more likely your release will achieve greater online visibility. Keep in mind that news and press release distribution shouldn't be the only part of a marketing plan, and issuing frequent releases will result in more online visibility than relying on a single release.
Optimizing Online News Releases for Search Engine Visibility
PRWeb allows you build out text links to your site, put keywords into the news release URL and submits your release to search engines using our state of the art methodologies.
If you need help optimizing your news release content, PRWeb offers a service that optimizes releases according to our proven formula. This Premium SEO service is available to you by selecting "Upgrade" from within your News Management Console and on the Distribution Enhancements page, selecting SEO Optimization services. There is an extra cost with this service, and we'll have an optimized draft to you within two business days. As with all of PRWeb's writing services, you have final approval prior to distribution.
PRWeb does not sell backlinks, but there are lots of ways to increase your chances of getting them.
One of the main benefits of PRWeb is that your news reaches a community of influencers: journalists, bloggers, Web publishers and more. If they think your news is interesting and relevant, they will share your story with their own audiences. This will lead to more traffic to your own website, and an increase in original, relevant links to your site - increasing your site's search ranking.
Using RSS Feeds
To add PRWeb content to your site via RSS feed, visit PRWeb's RSS page. We also have a Plug-N-Play news feed solution if you do not have the ability to use the XML feed. You need Adobe Acrobat to read the instructions, which are located on the page. You may need the assistance of a Webmaster to make this Plug-N-Play solution viable.
Please note: Using press releases from the PRWeb network of sites on other sites that offer competing services to those offered by PRWeb, including but not limited to press release distribution, is expressly prohibited under the terms of our copyright.
Select the group you'd like to assign your release to using the "Assign to RSS Feed" drop-down menu to the right of the headline of your press release. Once you've selected the proper group, your release will be assigned to that group. You can also assign it from the "Features" menu.
May 5, 2020 This piece was originally published on Cision.com. The press release is a powerful tool. In fact, 72% of journalists say the press release is one of the most useful types of content a PR pro can deliver. Writing an effective press release can be the key to building your brand’s reputation, earning media coverage, […]
February 25, 2020 This piece was originally published on Cision.com SEO (search engine optimization) is so much more than just a marketing buzzword. Achieving premium Google search results for specific search terms can have a massive impact on your brand’s bottom line. This is what SEO aims to do! There are many different levers that can […]
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- #4639 (no title)
- #919 (no title)
- 10 Tips for Getting Your Pitches Read — and Reported
- 10 Ways to Get More Earned Media
- 2018 Global State of the Media Report
- 40 Newsworthy Reasons to Write a Press Release
- 5 Ways to Reimagine the Press Release
- 7 Tips We Love for Writing a Press Release That Gets Noticed
- A Digital Marketer Gives 5 SEO Tips for PR Pros
- Arts & Entertainment
- Associated Press Distribution: Premium Package
- Associations & Non-Profit
- Authors & Book Publishers
- Business News Digests
- Clone Server Testing
- Contact Us
- Conversion Pipeline
- Create A Free Account
- Create a Free Account
- Don’t Feed the Trolls: Building a Plan to Mitigate Negative Social Interaction
- E-Marketing Strategies
- Editorial Guidelines for News Releases
- Essay Helper – The Essay Helpers You Need For Your Homework
- Havard Rugland
- Health and Medical Digests
- Hospitality and Travel
- How It Works-test 5.5.3
- How to Upload a PRWeb Release in the Cision Communications Cloud
- How To’s & Quick Tips
- Information Technology
- Insider Perks
- iReach is now PRWeb
- Kitchen Tune-Up
- Local Business
- Mailorder Bride – Programs the Mail Order Bride System to Locate a Sponsored Style
- Malibu Boats
- Marketing Professionals
- Menus That Talk
- Mexican Mail Order Brides – A Cost Effective and Effortless Option
- Online Discoverability Survival Kit for Small Businesses
- Partnership Programs
- Party Aficionado
- Pillar Consulting
- Pizza Fusion
- POS Supply Solutions
- PR Professionals
- PR Starter Kit
- PR Strategy
- Press Release Ideas
- Press Release Packages
- PRWeb For Journalists
- PRWeb Legal News Guidelines
- Quick & Easy Guide to Sharing Your Press Release With the World
- Real Estate
- Regional Coverage: The East
- Regional Coverage: The Midwest
- Regional Coverage: The South
- Regional Coverage: The West
- Research Paper Service – How to Select the Best Research Paper Service
- Small Business Owners
- Social Media Experts
- Submit a Press Release
- Subscribe to News
- Summit Self Defense
- Terms of Service
- Terms of Service
- testing for bambooo jobs
- The Art of Influencing Influencers
- The NALA
- The Publicity Works
- Tips for Writing a Research Paper
- TopRank Online Marketing
- Travel & Hospitality
- Web Distribution
- Webinars and Videos
- What to Do If You Need To Write My Paper Affordable
- What’s New
- Which Exactly Are Direct Pay Day Loan Lenders?
- White Papers
- Who Use It
- Why PRWeb 5.5.3
- Yellowwedge Cheese
- Success Stories
- Additional Services
- Compare Packages